The Echuca-Moama Family History Group are doing as many local historical and genealogical groups do, and that is record details of pioneers in the region. As always this type of work is invaluable in preserving the history of the people and towns in the region.
To date the Echuca-Moama Family History Group have compiled 3 volumes in their “Families of the Echuca and Moama Districts” series, and are now taking submissions for their 4th volume.
Details of the guidelines for submissions are as follows: Entries are invited from families who lived in the following localities: In Victoria – Ballendella, Bamawm, Barmah, Echuca, Echuca Village, Kanyapella, Kotta, Koyuga, Lockington, McEvoys, Millewa, Nanneella, Patho, Piavella, Pine Grove, Restdown, Rochester, Roslynmead, Strathallan, Tennyson, Tongala, Torrumbarry, Wyuna, and Yambuna. In New South Wales – Bunnaloo, Caldwell, Mathoura, Moama, Thyra and Womboota.
Entries will be accepted in the order they are received.
– Only one entry will be accepted for a related family of the- same surname.
– Entries must contain a majority of “local” relevance.
– We request original entries of 1000 words or less, and the entry must not have appeared in any other history publication of the area.
– At least one photograph will be allowed for each entry. Please supply black and white photographs if possible. All care, but no responsibility will be taken with the photographs. Please enclose a suitably sized stamped self addressed envelope for the return of photographs.
– The committee reserves the right to edit or reject any contribution, which does not comply with the above criteria.
John Howe, President of the Group, says “this book will become an authentic reference book of the settlers of our area for many years to come.”
The Echuca-Moama Family History Group’s website lists their earlier ‘Families of the Echuca and Moama Districts” volume, along with other titles the Group has produced. You can even find a full name index of those included in Volume 3 of this series.
You can send details of your pioneers to the Echuca-Moama Family History Group Inc.
by Mail: PO Box 707, Echuca, VIC 3564
by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or deliver to: Mrs Pearl Collins, 4 Porter Street, Moama, NSW 2731
Queries are to be directed to Pearl at the above address or phone (03) 5482 1139 or by Email to email@example.com And if would like to know more about the Echuca-Moama Family Hitory Group, check out their website, or follow them on Facebook.
Hello, Could you please tell me if you are covering the Aboriginal Mission families at all? am interested in the Jackson Family that lived in the Echuca/ Moama area and on the Maloga and Cummeragunja missions.
Ursula O’Brien (nee jackson)