I have previously written about the ‘Families’ app which is available for the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. For those of you who may have missed it you can read it here.
Designed to work in with the Legacy Family Tree genealogy software program, TelGen Limited are pleased to announce that they now offer this app to Android users as well.
This app provides the same functionality as the popular Families app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, but now on the Android platform. The app works in conjunction with Legacy Family Tree, one of the the leading Windows-based genealogy software programs. You can now transfer your complete family tree, including pictures, to your Android smartphone, and view and edit the information wherever you are. Any changes you make can then be synced back to your Legacy file on your PC.
Families supports the following functionality:
– Multiple family files
– New family files can be created from scratch
– Family View, Pedigree View and Descendant View
– Index, searchable by Given Name, Surname or RIN
– To Do Lists
– Master and Detail Sources
– Locations and Addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
– Alternate Names
– Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
– Portrait and Landscape mode on all views
– Handles very large family files
You can see just how all the various screens display by checking out the screen shots on TelGen’s website.
So Android users, who also happen to be Legacy Family Tree users, you can literally take your whole family tree with you in the palm of your hand.
You can download ‘Families’ from Android Market for about £8.99 (approx. $14.50 US or AU).