The South Australian History Fund is an annual grant fund, and it has a total of $70,000 available to give away this year. Funding of up to $5000 is available for a wide range of South Australian history focused projects, and you could be one of them, but you will need to get you application in quick, as it closes soon.
Some examples of what you or your organisation could do could do with the grant money are:
– Purchase of storage or archival storage materials
– Digitising or copying of significant photographic or documentary collections
– Purchase of equipment and/or software for historical projects
– Events with an historical focus
– Signage, displays or online projects
– Oral history projects
– Publications such as books, booklets, or walking guides
– Research projects
Applications are currently open, but note, they close at 5pm, Monday, 28 October 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY
– Applications for all categories are invited from incorporated South Australian historical societies, National Trust branches, community history museums, local councils and voluntary organisations.
– Unincorporated organisations may be eligible if an incorporated organisation is willing to sponsor their application. For instance, organisations may make applications under the umbrella of local public libraries, community arts organisations or local government.
– Individuals may apply for a grant for publication or research projects. Professional historians, tertiary institutions or other organisations, are also invited to apply.
– Applicants from outside the State, who are working on South Ausralian history will be considered.
– State and Federal government agencies and museums are not eligible.
MORE INFO & HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in applying, please read the guidelines, and FAQs. And for further information, or to apply for a grant online visit the History Trust of South Australia website. If you wish to discuss possible projects you can do so by contacting the History Trust of SA by email at email@example.com or phoning them on (08) 8203 9888.