Ever wanted to know more about your past but not sure how or where to start? The University of Tasmania’s (UTAS) online course “Introduction to Family History” is designed for people interested in their own family histories or genealogy in general, and will be a great way to get you going.
You will learn how to research family history accurately and efficiently using the growing range of online family history resources. You may be surprised at what you discover and what you can share with family and friends.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
– demonstrate knowledge and understanding of family history principle and planning
– locate and use major family history repositories and records
– critically evaluate sources for accuracy and reliability
– identify and discuss genealogical problems and develop plans for solving them
– present your genealogical work in a manner that is ethical, clearly written and referenced according to the unit guidelines
No prior knowledge or experience in family history is required to do this course, and it runs from 1 July 2019 through until 23 August 2019. Enrolments close at 5pm, Friday 28 June 2019.
Further information (and enrolment) is available on the UTAS website:
And if you complete the Introduction course, and wish to continue your genealogical studies, UTAS offers a Diploma of Family History. You can read more about that here.