Good news folks, the South Australian History Fund grants for 2018 are now open.
The South Australian History Fund is an annual grant fund, with $50,000 available this year. This is for history grants (up to $5000), and also training and development (up to $500). The grants are funded by the Government of South Australia.
Some examples of what you or your organisation could do could do with the grant money are:
– Purchase of storage or archival storage materials
– Digitising or copying of significant photographic or documentary collections
– Purchase of equipment and/or software for historical projects
– Events with an historical focus
– Signage, displays or online projects
– Oral history projects
– Publications such as books, booklets, or walking guides
– Research projects
– The Training and development grant can be used to provide skills to train workers or to cover costs of attendance at a relevant conference or seminar
All projects need to be relevant to South Australian history.
Applications are open now, and close at 5pm, Friday 10 August 2018.
WHO CAN APPLY
– Applications for all categories are invited from incorporated South Australian historical societies, National Trust branches, community history museums, local councils and voluntary organisations.
– Unincorporated organisations may be eligible if an incorporated organisation is willing to sponsor their application. For instance, organisations may make applications under the umbrella of local public libraries, community arts organisations or local government.
– Individual historians may apply for a grant for publication or research projects. Professional historians, tertiary institutions or other organisations, are also invited to apply.
– It is anticipated that most applicants to the SAHF will be based in South Australia but applicants from outside the State, who are working on South Australian history, will be considered.
– State and Federal government agencies and museums are not eligible.
MORE INFO & HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in applying, please read the guidelines, and FAQs. And for further information, or to apply for a grant online visit the South Australian Community History website. If you wish to discuss possible projects you can do so by contacting the History Trust of SA by email at email@example.com or phoning them on (08) 8203 9888.