Start the new year with a boost to your Australian historical records collection by winning this batch of CDs valued at over $500 from Archive Digital Books Australasia.
Archive Digital Books Australasia (http://www.archivedigitalbooks.com.au/) is a major player in helping preserve Australian history through digitisation. By scanning old books they have made them readily accessible for everyone on CD-ROM, on USB and some as ebook downloads.
Having digitised over 2000 historical titles over the past few years, with a number of them coming from specialist libraries or archives, or even private collections, researchers would not have found it easy to obtain this information.
The giveaway …
Now thanks to Archive Digital Books Australasia, we have an incredible collection of 17 CDs to giveaway, which will all go to one lucky person. The titles contained in this collection are:
– Australian Handbook 1904
– Australian Lutheran 1913-1920
– Motor Road Guide Southern NSW c1939
– NSW Government Gazette 1835
– Place Names in Qld, NZ and the Pacific
– Queensland PO Directory (Wise)
– South Australia Government Gazette 1860
– South Australia Almanac & Directory 1883 (Boothby)
– Hobart Town Government Gazette 1827
– Tasmania Reports of Crime 1861
– Tasmania PO Directory 1909 (Wise)
– Gold Fields of Victoria in 1862
– Victoria Government Gazette 1851
– Victoria PO Directory 1904 (Wise)
– Victoria Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1941
– Western Australia Blue Book 1871-1877
– Western Australia Commonwealth Electoral Roll 1939
There is an immense amount of information contained in these CDs. And as you can see from the list above, there are titles from all states, and some Australia-wide ones too. Covering everything from place names, police Gazettes, government gazettes, directories, gold fields, electoral rolls, blue book (which is government employees), a NSW road guide, Lutheran records and more.
Win it for yourself … or for your local group. I guarantee that whoever does, will have fun with these CDs.
To enter …
You firstly need to enter your name and email, or sign in with Facebook. Once you’ve done that there are four ways you can enter. You can subscribe to our blog, you can tweet about the giveaway, you can pin it on Pinterest, or follow us on Pinterest. Each option is one entry.
The rules …
The competition is open from 5 January to 31 January 2018, and you can enter as many times as you like, but I’m sorry, the competition is only open for Australian and New Zealand residents.
The winner will be drawn at random and will be notified by email and announced on social media.