Calling all Australian and New Zealand genealogy bloggers and societies, you are invited to participate in Unlock the Past’s Researching Abroad Roadshow 2017 by becoming a Roadshow Ambassador.
Ambassadors help to promote the Roadshow through social media, newsletters and friends, colleagues, and everyone interested in genealogy.
During August the Unlock the Past team, together with Chris Paton from Scotland, and Dirk Weissleder from Germany will travel across Australia and New Zealand. Stopping at 7 cities along the way, these 1 and 2 day seminars will focus on British Isles (Irish and Scottish), and European (particularly German) research.
While it is a British Isles and European themed conference, the topic of genealogy and DNA testing will also be mentioned, together with how it can help you find your long lost British Isles and/or European cousins.
With world class speakers, local societies and libraries at each venue, a number of exhibitors and a HEAP of prizes … this is an event you won’t want to miss.
HOW CAN I BECOME A ROADSHOW AMBASSADOR?
- Register as a Roadshow Ambassador using the Roadshow Ambassador sign up form
- Add the Roadshow Ambassador badge to your blog, Facebook, or other social media account.
- Promote the roadshow through your blog, social media and other avenues available to you
TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD …
- do at least one, preferably two, blog posts, or give a good mention in an email newsletter, before the roadshow – and also after the event
- use social media avenues on occasions to promote the roadshow or aspects of it – in both the lead up and during the roadshow
- use the hashtag #utproadshow17 on social media posts
- take some of the roadshow leaflets if you have opportunity to use them at other events you attend or elsewhere
- let your local historical and genealogical societies know about the conference
BENEFITS TO ROADSHOW AMBASSADORS
- free entry to bloggers to the roadshow in your preferred city – with a distinctive Roadshow Ambassadors name badge
- a society or other organisation wishing to become a Roadshow Ambassador – and commit to active promotion through a blog or newsletter to members – is entitled to one free entry. Unlock the Past need to be advised of the name and contact details of the person concerned to register them for free entry
- listing and link to your site on this page – and listing as a Roadshow Ambassador in the printed roadshow guide
- entry into the prize draw for the city you attend – and access to all roadshow special offers
WHO ELSE IS AN AMBASSADOR?
The number of Roadshow Ambassadors is growing already. You can see who’s already on the list of Ambassadors here.
For more about the Roadshow in general, visit the Roadshow page, which gives you the full program for each venue together with the date, time and address of where it is held. It’s also here you’ll find links to photos and other graphics that you’re welcome to use as an Ambassador.
Ok – I am now an Ambassador and have published my first post http://geniaus.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/a-new-badge-on-blog.html
Do I need to register on the Roadshow site or am I now registered for the Sydney event?
Thanks Jill for your support – and the post. All ambassadors need to register for the event. They are still participants – the same as anyone else – but with a distinctive name tag. We develop our registration and prize draw lists from those registered. I will be emailing all ambassadors in a few days when the initial publicity is over with a special (free entry) coupon code.