Unlock the Past has partnered with the Israel Travel Centre in New South Wales to offer a unique Unlock the Past group within a larger centenary commemorative tour of Israel. Timed to commemorate 100 years since the Light Horse Charge at Beersheba, this tour runs from Monday 23 October 2017 to Wednesday 1 November 2017.
This tour is for:
– those with ancestors who participated in the Charge of Beersheba especially, a once in a lifetime opportunity to “be part of history” that your ancestors contributed to
– those whose ancestors served in Palestine in either of the two World Wars
– anyone with interest in Jewish family history research: visit the homeland of the Jews
– anyone with an interest in the (central) land of the Bible: six of the eight touring days are mostly taken up visiting places of the Bible
The tour includes:
– Airport meeting assist upon arrival
– Airport transfers
– 9 nights’ twin share accommodation in 4 star hotels
– Breakfast daily on tour
– Four hotel dinners:
– Tel Aviv and Jerusalem on BB basis
– One festive farewell restaurant dinner
– 8 days touring with licensed English-speaking guide.
– Modern motor coach for all touring
– All entrance fees as per the itinerary
– Travellers gift packs (bags, hats, maps)
The Unlock the Past Tour bonus:
An Unlock the Past group will add value to the general commemorative tour
– dedicated Unlock the Past tour bus ( if UTP get 30 or more in our group)
– networking generally with like-minded family historians
– over AU$500 in Unlock the Past bonuses
– entry into an Unlock the Past tour prize draw from those booked with our tour group – value expected to be AU$500-$1000
– a one day genealogy seminar (optional extra) at the end of the tour. Details of this will be developed if the UTP tour group is confirmed. However we are liaising with MyHeritage, based in Tel Aviv – one of the largest and most innovative online genealogy resource platforms in the world – to help plan and organise this. Depending on expertise available, they hope to include topics such as Jewish genealogy, European research, DNA, methodology and of course the exciting technologies MyHeritage have to offer.
The tour costs:
Tour cost (excluding airfares to and from Tel Aviv) is US$2195.
While the tour itself is going ahead, an Unlock the Past group within in is “provisional” until sufficient numbers are confirmed. To register your interest (definite, probable or possible) by early December and help make an Unlock the Past Beersheba commemorative tour happen.