As 2011 draws to a close, and 2012 is only a few weeks away, the Unlock the Past team are needing to finalise the content that will be in the next edition of their “History and Genealogy 2012” Handbook.
December 15th is the cut-off date for articles to be submitted, while December 31st is the final date for adverts and vouchers, and any Directory updates.
I’m sure by now many of you have had the pleasure of reading the “History and Genealogy 2011” Handbook, and have discovered its usefulness not only in the broad range of articles included, but also the directory, and the vouchers that were included. The History and Genealogy 2011 Handbook was the first of it’s kind in Australia. The 2012 edition won’t superceed it, but rather compliment it, as it will be in a similar style of but with a different range of articles, adverts, vouchers, and an greatly expanded Directory section.
Unlock the Past would love for you to be a part of their 2012 edition, and here’s how you can be:
If you would like to contribute an article, here’s the guidelines.
– Articles may vary from 1000-4000 words, though we are not limited to that.
– Articles contributed to History & Genealogy will normally be put in the free content section of the Unlock the Past web site when the subsequent edition is published.
– Alternatively you may submit an article directly for free access online.
– Illustrations are helpful (and can be colour).
– Contributing an article is a great way to gain wide exposure of your expertise and your organisation or business.
– We do not normally pay for articles, but you will get full acknowledgement. In addition we offer contributing authors of general interest articles a quarter page ad valued at $240 for each article published (larger ads for multiple articles).
– We will also consider a limited number of promotional articles, but ads will be at normal cost.
– Register your interest by emailing email@example.com. We will make a final selection based on overall variety and balance of topics, and general suitability of the article proposed.
The number of articles will be limited to approximately the same as for the 2011 edition.
With wide distribution and ongoing use and reference History and Genealogy: Australia and New Zealand is a great place to advertise. Click here for details.
Do more than advertise! Attract customers or prospective members by offering a real incentive. Click here for more details and ideas.
List your organisation, business services in the directory – the listing is FREE. Click here for details.
– Publication date – February 2012
– Article submissions – advise intention as soon as possible, and submit by 15 December 2011 at the latest
– Ads and vouchers – advise intention as soon as possible, and submit by 31 December 2011 at the latest
– Directory additions or updates – as soon as possible (preferably online), but by 31 December 2011 to be sure of getting in the 2012 printed edition.