The following announcement was written by FamilySearch:
Updated Site Now Available and more Improvements are Still to Come
“SALT LAKE CITY–FamilySearch announced several changes today for its family history website, FamilySearch.org. Online patrons will find millions of new records and images, over 40,000 helpful articles, over 100 interactive courses of instruction, and a dynamic forum to ask personal genealogy questions. The changes have been in testing for some time. FamilySearch will continue to implement the new website in phases to ensure all critical elements are functioning as desired. Once complete, the website will be promoted more broadly.
The new site offers the following free benefits to FamilySearch patrons:
– Millions more scanned, historical documents and indexes that are published more frequently.
– An improved search experience that looks through more content and gives more accurate results.
– A thriving online genealogical community where patrons can give and receive help.
– One user name and password for all FamilySearch products and services.
– Responsive, reliable, and scalable hardware and software that will allow the site to grow and improve.
FamilySearch has published a helpful document called “Adjusting to the New Version of www.familysearch.org” and a video tutorial that summarizes the changes to the new site. These new guides can be found under the “Changes at FamilySearch.org” link.
The prior version of the site will still be available through the transition period.
The LDS, and their volunteers are to be congratulated for this effort in making the many millions (actually billions) of records and docouments easily available to people worldwide through their website … and what’s more they offer it all for FREE!!
Remember to check back regularly, as there are millions of new records being added online every month.
HAPPY SEARCHING!! 🙂