25 April. Anzac Day. A sacred day on the Australasian calendar. A day of commemoration and remembrance of those who took part in war. Those who returned, and those who didn’t.
Every year on Anzac Day Australians and New Zealanders take time to pause and reflect on the sacrifices made by their Anzac ancestors, and how those sacrifices have helped shaped their nations to be what they are today. Anzac Day on 25th of April marks the anniversary of the day in 1915 during World War One when Australian and New Zealand troops went ashore at Anzac Cove on the Gallipoli peninsula. This was the Anzacs first major military action as part of the Great War.
To commemorate, and help you discover the history of the Anzac’s in your family, Ancestry.com.au are giving you FREE access to the millions of ANZAC records on their website.
The full list of data sets included in their ANZAC collection are:
– ANZAC Memorial, 1914-1918
– Australia, Imperial Force Burials At Gallipoli, 1915
– Australia, World War II Military Service Records, 1939-1945
– Australia, WWI Service Records, 1914-1920
– British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920
– British Army WWI Pension Records 1914-1920
– British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920
– British Commonwealth War Graves Registers, 1914-1918
– Chronicles of the N.Z.E.F., 1916-1919
– New South Wales, Australia, Cowra Military Camps Personnel Photo Index, 1905-1970
– New Zealand Army Medal Rolls, 1860-1919
– New Zealand Army WWI Nominal Rolls, 1914-1918
– New Zealand Army WWI Reserve Rolls, 1916-1917
– New Zealand Army WWI Roll of Honour, 1914-1919
– New Zealand Army WWII Nominal Rolls, 1939-1948
– New Zealand Expeditionary Force Record of Personal Service, 1914-1918
– New Zealand WWI Military Defaulters, 1919-1921
– New Zealand, Roll of Honour, 1840-1903
– New Zealand, World War I Service Records, 1914-1920 NEW!
– New Zealand, World War II Appointments, Promotions, Transfers and Resignations, 1939-1945
– New Zealand, World War II Ballot Lists, 1940-1945
– UK, British Prisoners of War, 1939-1945
– UK, Citations of the Distinguished Conduct Medal, 1914-1920
– UK, Commonwealth War Graves, 1914-1921 and 1939-1947
– UK, Military Campaign Medal and Award Rolls, 1793-1949
– UK, Naval Medal and Award Rolls, 1793-1972
– UK, Navy Lists, 1888-1970
– UK, Silver War Badge Records, 1914-1920
– UK, WWI War Diaries (France, Belgium and Germany), 1914-1920
– UK, WWI War Diaries (Gallipoli and Dardanelles), 1914-1916
Start searching today
Terms apply: Registration required. AU & NZ customers only. Offer ends 11:59pm AEST on 25/04/2018.