Spring is here, and Inside History, Australia’s award winning magazine for Australian history and genealogy have just released their Spring issue (issue 36).
As always this magazine is jam-packed with quality articles. In the Spring issue (issue 36) you’ll find:
- Travelling by mail coach: what was it really like?
- Portrait of an Irish orphan girl – what it reveals
- Guide to researching your Welsh family tree
- The stretcher-bearers of Passchendaele
- Two million years in the making: Visit ‘A History of the World in 100 Object’ exhibition
- Chasing Captain Thunderbolt
- Read about VC winner William Jackson’s distinguished war record
- Discover more 150 new record sets that have recently gone online
And there’s much more – in fact, 66 pages of terrific features, practical information on family tree research, chances to network with other genealogists, competitions and product reviews.
Regular features of the magazine include:
– Postie’s here! (your thoughts, your say)
– Cup of tea with … (IHM have a chat to … Libby Connors, historian)
– Bob’s Your Uncle: (Network with other descendants and researchers)
– Ask our experts (learn from the experts)
– History apps (the latest apps built for historians)
– What’s on (The latest news from the genie and history world)
– What we’re reading (The latest and greatest to hit the shops)
– One picture … 1000 memories (The story behind the image)
In their own words … ‘
Inside History’ is for people passionate about Australian and New Zealand history and heritage, whether it’s their family’s ancestry, or in a broader social context.’
If you’re in Australia or New Zealand and you’d like an actual printed copy of the magazine, be sure check your local newsagent, or you can buy or subscribe to the magazine by going to the Inside History website.
Aus $9.95 per issue (NZ$10.95)
Aus $25.00 9 month subscription (3 issues)
Aus $50.00 18 month subscription (6 issues)
For those who are into ebooks, you can also get Inside History magazine as a digital download available from the iTunes and Android Play stores.
iPad edition (available from the iTunes Store)
Android & Desktop edition (available from Zinio)
And if you like to get a taste of what the magazine is like before buying, why not check out some sample back issues that you can find on Issuu.