It’s time to clear your calendar, as Findmypast have just announced a FREE WEEKEND for 22-25 January 2016. This is for all of their records (over 8 billion of them), WORLDWIDE, not just Australian, NZ, UK or US … ALL of them, available to everyone to search for free! How good is that?
Current subscribers who have a local (Australian, UK or US) subscription, will be granted World access, and World subscribers will get 3 days added to their subscription.
The following is the announcement from Findmypast …
We’re delighted to announce that from 7am this Friday 22nd until 7am on Monday 25th (EST), our world records* will be available for anyone to view, completely free of charge.
You’ll be able to explore…
– The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
– Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
– An easy to use online family tree builder, which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
– Our Family Tree hints feature, which will suggest potential matches between the ancestors in your tree and records from our archives.
– The fantastic PERiodical Source Index, your reference guide to genealogy publications from all over the United States and beyond
– Millions of records you won’t find anywhere else, including fascinating World War 2 Prisoner of War records, millions of England & Wales Crime records and the incredible British in India collectionT
– The largest online collection of England & Wales Electoral Registers, containing over 220 million names
– Birth, Marriage and Death records dating back to the 18th century
– The largest online collection of UK parish records, dating back to 1538
– Historical newspapers from across the world, including nearly 13 million British newspapers dating all the way back to 1710
– The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
… As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history, and bring their past to life.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. If you’re just getting going, make sure to take a look at our failsafe interview to mine your relatives for clues. You’ll be able to begin populating your tree, and start your hunt for more names to add to it.
If you’re new to exploring our collections you might find our guide to Birth, Marriage and Death records a useful starting point, as well as our new video guides, which offer useful tips on getting started with records, building a family tree, getting started with hints, and much more!
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, or are curious to see what other explorers have discovered in their past, take a look at our discoveries for some ….
Tracing your family history with Findmypast offers you the chance to discover things about the past which shaped who you are today. Start this weekend, and see where your tree takes you.
*Please note that access to the 1939 Register has not been included and pay as you go credits will be required in order to unlock household records. Terms and conditions apply.