Genealogy Crusing seems to be a popular way of combining a genealogy conference together with a holiday these days, and with just over 7 months until the 3rd Unlock the Past History & Genealogy Cruise, and in case you need any convincing, here’s 30 reasons as to why you (together with a friend or family) should attend a genealogy cruise.
- Get away for a holiday, or a break from the family. The cost of a cruise compares very favourably with an interstate holiday – from as little as AU$166 a day.
- The cost is comparable to attending a major interstate conference, which is less than half the number of days and has half the number/choice of topics.
- Visit some exotic locations.
- Peace of mind knowing that you’ve paid for the cruise before you go, so there are no unpleasant surprises.
- If you’ve already cruised with Unlock the Past, there is a loyalty discount for past cruisers.
- Meet plenty of other like-minded genealogy people.
- Make new friends and expand your genealogy network.
- Perfect for beginners and experts – everyone will learn something on this cruise.
- Get to talk to some of the best genealogy speakers around.
- There will be special interest type meetings throughout the cruise (perhaps even at breakfast) e.g. everyone with Cornish ancestors, convicts etc.
- Bring along your brickwall list, and ask the experts in the Research Help Zone for advice on where to look next.
- The range of topics on offer is huge – and certainly caters for everyone’s interests.
- While there are meetings for every day and evening at sea, it’s your choice as to how many you wish to attend.
- Make the most of the wealth of knowledge there – and see the product demonstrations of the Flip-Pal Mobile scanner, genealogy software, online data sites, and mobile genealogy devices.
- Unlock the Past has exclusive use of the 330 seat theatre that is onboard this ship.
- All will receive a Gould Genealogy & History voucher for $50 in their registration pack.
- Everyone who books before 1 August 2012 is automatically in the draw for a $500 Gould Genealogy & History voucher.
- Everyone who books will be in the draw for a $100 Gould Genealogy & History voucher, drawn on the 1st of each month. The earlier you book the more chances you have to win.
- Be in the running for some great prizes offered by cruise sponsors – drawn on the cruise. These include $1000 and $300 Gould Genealogy & History vouchers, a Flip-Pal mobile scanner and other prizes from cruise sponsors.
- Purchase Unlock the Past and other products at a discount rate.
ON BOARD VOYAGER OF THE SEAS
- Enjoy being pampered by the cruise staff.
- Unpack your bags the day you arrive, and then you’re done for the rest of the trip – so you’re not ‘living out of a suitcase’.
- The cost of the trip includes your accommodation, meals, onboard entertainment and attendance at all Unlock the Past Cruise presentations.
- All regular meals are all included – and there’s an amazing array of restaurants available onboard (some specialty restaurants may have a small extra charge).
- The cost includes tips and gratuities which are extra to regular cruisers – over $100 value
- There are plenty of on-board activities and entertainment to interest your non-genie partner while you’re learning more about places you can look to find your 2x great grandmother’s birth record, or how to find more on your ancestors that ‘swam’ to Australia.
- If you’re feeling energetic have a go at the rock-climbing, mini golf, ice skating, basketball, or volleyball or visit the gym. Or just get pampered in the day spa and visit the onboard movie theatre.
- The four storey boulevard of shops, bars and cafes is something to be seen to be believed.
- Don’t forget the duty free shopping for cameras, cheap perfume and alcohol.
- For those of us who are rather addicted to the internet, you can keep connected through Wi-Fi connectivity onboard (though there is a cost for this).
For more information visit www.unlockthepast.com.au or phone (08) 8395 7476.
To book, contact Terri or Ciaran at Clean Cruising on 1800 121 187.