Calico Pie, the publisher’s of Family Historian, the UK’s leading genealogy software program, have just announced that Family Historian version 5 is coming soon. The new version is due for release in February 2012, but thanks to a Christmas offer, anyone who buys Family Historian 4 now from a participating stockist (which includes us here at Gould Genealogy), will get a free upgrade to version 5 when released.
While stocks last, customers who buy the full version of Family Historian 4 (not the Aus/NZ edition)on or after November 10th, from participating stockists only, will be sent a free CD upgrade to version 5 when it is released. So you can give friends or relatives version 4 to unwrap on Christmas Day, with the upgrade to follow shortly. Or you can just keep it yourself of course …
For full details of this offer, including the list of participating stockists, see www.family-historian.co.uk/v5-xmas-offer.
WHAT’S COMING IN FAMILY HISTORIAN VERSION 5
– New tool for creating family tree books and booklets
– Much improved website generation and support for family tree CDs & DVDs
– New Fan Chart diagrams
– New ‘flat’ style All-Relatives diagram (much-requested)
– Improved data entry – especially with regard to date-handling and date validation
– New query for detecting possible errors with dates in existing records
– Enhanced ‘How Related’ tool shows graphically exactly how people are related
– Improved, more comprehensive backup-and-restore
– Improved import and export, including direct import from other program formats
– All reports have enhanced performance and features, including optionally an index
– Silhouettes can now be used in diagrams where required
– Much improved support for background pictures in diagrams
– Much faster diagram loading
– New reports, including a new ‘how-related’ report
– New tool for marking lines connecting individuals & branches in diagrams
– New ‘shapes’ toolbar for diagrams, including ‘smart shapes’ such as arrows
– Extensive new formatting options for diagrams
– Enhancements to the query capability for searching & analyzing records
– Support for plugins – a new way of extending the power of the program
– Integrated access to a new Plugin Store, with numerous free plugins adding even more features – such as a new mapping tool – and more being added all the time
– Numerous improvements to make the program even easier and more enjoyable to use
– And much more…
Calico Pie say that in the coming weeks, they’ll be adding more details about version 5 and the new features on our website, at www.family-historian.co.uk/whats-new-in-v5.
So buy your copy of Family Historian 4 (UK edition) now, and you’ll receive a free copy of Family Historian 5 when it is released.