The Unlock the Past cruises have been known to attract many world renowned guest presenters, and the 10th Unlock the Past cruise which is coming up in February/March 2016 is no different.
For this one they are honoured to have Judy G. Russell from the US (also known as The Legal Genealogist), Louis Kessler from Canada (creator of Behold Genealogy software & the GenSoftReviews site), and Paul Blake who is a full-time researcher, lecturer and author from England who will all be heading downunder to get some sun, and cruise around New Zealand and Australia for 18 days. For more details on these and the other presenters on this cruise, click here.
The organisers of these cruises know that not everyone can make it on to one, so they are giving you the opportunity to hear some of these incredible presenters at seminars while they are in port.
Each seminar will offer:
– four main presentations by the visiting expert presenters
– other supporting short presentations by local and sponsoring partners
– an exhibition – Gould Genealogy & History (book sales), Unlock the Past (publications and cruises), partner/supporting family history societies and libraries and other sponsors
– special offers and hundreds of dollars worth of prizes at each location
The schedule for these seminars are as follows:
Sat 13 Feb – Auckland – Judy Russell & Paul Blake
Thu 18 Feb – Wellington – Judy Russell & Paul Blake
Fri 19 Feb – Christchurch – Paul Blake
Sat 20 Feb – Dunedin – Judy Russell & Paul Blake
Wed 24 Feb – Sydney – Judy Russell & Paul Blake
Fri 26 Feb – Melbourne – Louis Kessler & Paul Blake
Thu 3 Mar – Perth – Judy Russell & Paul Blake
Sat 5 Mar – Brisbane – Judy Russell & Carol Baxter
The topics covered vary from venue to venue, but some that are covered are:
– No vitals? No problem! Building a family through circumstantial evidence – Judy Russell
– The common poor: transported, indentured, enslaved – Judy Russell
– ABCs of DNA – Judy Russell
– Feme sole, feme covert: women under the common law – Judy Russell
– Just three generations – Judy Russell
– DNA and the golden rule: the law and ethics of genetic genealogy – Judy Russell
– Protestant nonconformity in England and Wales – Paul Blake
– London genealogy: or the metropolitan nightmare – Paul Blake
– Origins of your Irish ancestors – Paul Blake
– A brief history of the photograph – Paul Blake
– Using British probate records to discover the origins of your emigrant – Paul Blake
– How to improve research with source‐based genealogy – Louis Kessler
– How to become a skilled historical detective – Carol Baxter
– Help! which information is correct? strategies for determining historical truth – Carol Baxter
Bookings are open now for the Judy Russell and Paul Blake Downunder Tour seminars.
To view the full details of each seminar, including topics covered, the venue, and pricing (note: it’s cheaper if you pre-book), just click on the links above.
This will be a unique event, and one that you won’t want to miss.
For more details on to whole Judy Russell and Paul Blake Downunder Tour, click here.
No Adelaide 🙁