Boost your genealogical knowledge by winning this bundle of guide books valued at over $250 from Unlock the Past.
Unlock the Past is an Australian company that commenced in 2009 as a collaborative venture involving a team of expert speakers, writers, organisations and commercial partners to promote history and genealogy through events and publications. The Unlock the Past guide books range now has upwards of 100 titles, with many more coming. The printed editions of their titles are available through Gould Genealogy (www.gould.com.au), and other genealogy sellers. And the ebook editions can be downloaded from Genealogy Ebooks (www.gen-ebooks.com)
The giveaway …
Now thanks to Unlock the Past, we have this fabulous collection of 17 guide books to giveaway, which will all go to one lucky person. The titles contained in this collection are:
– 500 Best Genealogy and Family History Tips
– Citing Historical Sources: A Manual for Family Historians
– Cracking the Code of Old Handwriting
– Death Certificates and Archaic Medical Terms
– DNA for Genealogists
– Evernote for Family Historians
– Family History on the Cheap
– Google: The Genealogist’s Friend
– Harnessing the Facebook Generation: Ideas for Involving Young People in Family History and Heritage
– Making Sense of Surname Spellings: The Madness of “Mac” Surnames
– Pinning Your Family History
– Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories
– Solving Riddles in 19th Century Photo Albums
– The Genealogy Do-over Workbook
– Where Do I Start?: Researching Your Family in Australia and New Zealand
– Writing and Publishing Your Family History
– Your Family History Archives: A Brief Introduction
As you can see from the titles there’s a wide variety of topics. Everything from using Pinterest for genealogy, to understanding Mac/Mc surnames, to writing your history, to dating old photos, to reading old handwriting, to mastering Google for your research, to learning all about DNA, and learning how to store your heirlooms and so much more.
Win it for yourself … or for your local group. I guarantee that whoever does, will learn plenty from these guide books.
To enter …
You firstly need to enter your name and email, or sign in with Facebook. Once you’ve done that there are four ways you can enter. You can subscribe to our blog, you can tweet about the giveaway, you can pin it on Pinterest, or follow us on Pinterest. Each option is one entry.
The rules …
The competition is open from 1 August to 12 August 2018, and you can enter as many times as you like, but I’m sorry, the competition is only open for Australian and New Zealand residents.
The winner will be drawn at random and will be notified by email and announced on social media.a Rafflecopter giveaway
This group of books would certainly help the society I belong to.
I have found the Unlock the Past books easy to understand and a great help in my research and agree they will be an asset to my Family History Society. I found the Land Research for Family Historians in Australia and New Zealand and London Middlesex Family Resources online particularly helpful.
I would like to win these books and put them into our Society’s library. We are only a small Society in South East Queensland and these books would be a great help to all our members.