Australia has a lot of incredibly knowledgable genealogy and history presenters. So do yourself a favour and learn from many of the world’s best when they come to a city near you.
The team at Unlock the Past have been busy not only getting ready for Congress next week, but they’re also busy finalising details for a number of events they’re organising later this year, including some seminars around Australia.
The “Exploring & Writing Family & Local History” seminar that they held last year in Adelaide was a hit, so they’ve decided to do a similar thing again, but this time, they’re holding it in various states.
Each event is held over two days (excluding Canberra, which is a one day event), and features well-known local and interstate speakers, as well as local archives, societies and libraries and covers a wide range of genealogy and history related topics.
Melbourne and Adelaide are open for booking now, with the others to follow in due course and details are finalised.
19-20 Apr 2018 – Melbourne, Vic – BOOK NOW
with Rob Hamilton, Eric and Rosemary Kopittke, Neil Smith, Susie Zada and others
More details and bookings, click here.
24 April 2018 – Canberra, ACT (details to be finalised)
with Rob Hamilton and others
26-27 Apr 2018 – Sydney, NSW (details to be finalised)
with Kerry Farmer, Carol Baxter, Rob Hamilton, Eric and Rosemary Kopittke and others
18-19 May 2018 – Adelaide, SA – BOOK NOW
with Helen Smith, Neil Smith, VicGUM, Rob Hamilton, Dr Jeff Nicholas and others
More details and bookings click here.
8-9 June 2018 – Perth, WA (details to be finalised)
with Shauna Hicks, Kerry Farmer, Doug Elms and others
19-20 Oct 2018 – Brisbane, Qld (details to be finalised)
with Kerry Farmer, VicGUM and others
- LEARN – over two days to learn from leading historians and genealogists
- A WIDE VARIETY OF TOPICS – something for everyone
- NETWORK – two days to interact with exhibitors and others with similar interests
- SAVE – with seminar specials and hundreds of $$$ worth of prizes
To give you a sample range of topics on offer, the Adelaide program includes topics such as:
– English family history research
– researching a health history
– the pandemic influenza in Australia in 1918-19 with a South Australian focus
– adoption & foster records
– historical gems from the streets of Adelaide
– getting the most out of your photos
– genealogy software … and more
1 day $57
2 days $87