Queensland Family History Society can now provide remote access to the well-known genealogical database, MyHeritage Library Edition. As part of this “Australian first” for a family history society, QFHS has reduced its membership fee so all family history researchers, no matter where they live can now have access from their own home to research this great resource. The cost of this membership is much cheaper than a subscription to other genealogical databases. The membership also includes access to a large number of ejournals and access to indexes and records compiled by QFHS via the MyHeritage website.
So what does this mean? It means that QFHS members (existing ones, and those who signup now), have access to MyHeritage, from home …and without paying for a MyHeritage subscription.
The MyHeritage database is enormous, and currently contains over 8 billion historical records from around the world (Australia included). Using the MyHeritage Library Edition allows users to utilise the smart search features, which helps find discoveries.
Some of the 8 billion records include the following:
– the full USA federal census (1790-1940) with images
– census of England and Wales (1841-1901) with images
– 2 billion exclusive family tree profiles from MyHeritage and Geni
– 816 million US public records
– hundreds of millions of European records
– more than 100 million gravestone photos
– more than 80 million historical photographs
– military records, immigration records and passenger lists
– citizenship and naturalization records
– directories, guides, references, biographies and yearbooks
– government, land and court records
– wills and probate records
– and new collections are added every month!
So for the cost of membership to Queensland Family History Society (QFHS), you can access all of this from your home, as well as get the added benefits that the Society offers its members.
The cost is just AUD$66 for a single person membership, or AUD$99 for a family (two person) membership, which is a whole lot cheaper than the MyHeritage Data Subscription itself which costs over AUD$200. So if you’re after a bargain, and are interested in checking out MyHeritage, don’t delay as this offer ends on the 31st December 2017.
You can find more details on the QFHS website www.qfhs.org.au.