TreeView is one of the newer programs on the genealogy scene, and it’s already getting a loyal following.
The software started out as an online program a few years ago, and in 2016 was made into a box product for use as a stand alone program.
In 2017 Version 2 was released and with it numerous features were added including:
– Easily add details of your ancestors by attaching facts, notes, images, addresses, sources and citations
– Navigate your tree in a variety of different ways including pedigree, descendants and full tree views
– View your entire tree on screen, or zoom in on a single ancestor
– Quickly discover how different people in your family tree are related using the relationship calculator
– Identify anomalies in your data with the built-in problem finder
– Instantly map out a person’s life events at the click on a button
– Drag and drop charting
– Some of the many charts that TreeView allows you to do are: Ancestors; Descendants; Fan; Full Tree; Hourglass and Pedigree
– Personalise your charts by adding photographs and customising the background with an image or colour of your choice
Apart from the fact that you can use TreeView on your desktop or laptop, you can also use it online, or take it with you on your mobile device using the TreeView app. The other big plus for TreeView is that is can be used on either a PC or Mac, perfect for the family that has both types of computers in the one household.
To give you an idea of the program, here’s a quick introduction overview.
While you can buy the download version (and yes, it’s quicker and cheaper), there are advantages to getting the boxed CD version. Just take a look at what you get in the TreeView 2 Premium Edition box:
1 x TreeView 2 program CD
1 x Quick Start guide
4 x month free subscription to TheGenealogist (Diamond Level)
1 x DVD with the following titles (4 titles)
– Cassell’s Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1893
– Imperial Dictionary of Universal Biography
– English, Scottish and Welsh Landowners 1873
– Irish Landowners of 1876
USERS SAY …
In short, users say that the program is one of the easiest and most navigable programs to use. So if you’re in the market for a genealogy software program, or are thinking of changing from your current program, why not have a look at TreeView. It might be just what you’re after.
Windows Vista or newer (including Win 10)
Mac OS 10.7 or newer
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY:
Interested? Why not try it out before buying by downloading the free 30 day free trial version from the publishers here, click here.
LIKE THE PROGRAM?
… and want to buy it now? Click here to get a copy.