Family Historian is one of the world’s leading genealogy software programs. This award-winning genealogy program comes complete with comprehensive features designed to meet the needs of the beginner and expert alike.
A desktop program works on Windows Vista through to Windows 10, it is an ideal program to store your family history on your own computer, rather than online.
With easy-to-enter data screens, powerful reporting, and magnificent charts (including an ‘everyone’ chart and an ‘all relatives’ chart), some of the other features in this program include:
– Automatic Internet Data Matching, with on-screen ‘hints’ showing matches found on both Findmypast and MyHeritage
– The web clipping facility allows for easy copying of facts and pictures from websites, using drag-and-drop
– Map window, with which has a Time Slider to view changes over time
– Using the Media Link Tool, it’s easy to link people to faces in pictures
– New Automatic Source Citation Pane – to automatically add source citations to new and modified data
– Support for Extended Family ‘Timeline’ Facts – see all the key events in each person’s life at a glance
– Record witnesses for your events (or other non-principle attendees at events)
– Apart from attaing a photo to a person, you can attach pictures to a place
– As Family Historian now uses the Unicode standard to support language characters and accents from round the world
– There is a Find and Replace tool
– and find out how your are related to anyone in your tree using with How Related tool
– And much more…
If you’ve not used, or seen Family Historian 6 before, take a look at the quick tour video below. And if you like what you see, and are interested, why not try it out? You can download free 30 day free trial, and see if it is the program for you.
For more tutorial videos from Calico Pie (the makers of Family Historian) click here.
If you love what you see, and are eager to get going, you can buy the program here.