The biggest genealogy event in the Southern Hemisphere for 2016 is coming … and it’s now less than two months away. And just in case the fact that it is a genealogy conference didn’t entice you enough, here’s 21 more reasons why you should attend!
- Learn direct from the experts, with 35+ speakers there’s so much you can learn from them
- Choose from 90+ talks and information sessions
- Have a one-on-one session with an expert in the Research Help Zone
- Check out the exhibitors (all 100 of them)
- These include many big and small heritage organisations, societies and libraries
- And all the big names: Ancestry, Findmypast, MyHeritage and FamilySearch
- Learn more about records, where you can find them and how they can help you
- Genealogy and DNA (need I say more!)
- Take part in the Treasure Hunt
- See product demonstrations
- You’ll get a whole lot of goodies in your Registration Bag
- There will be $1000s worth of prizes on offer
- The Gold Ticket is excellent value for those wanting to go to numerous talks
- Buy the latest products from vendors
- Vili’s Bakery (a South Australian icon) will have their Mega Van there, so along with a coffee cart there will be great food available onsite
- Although the venue isn’t in the city, it’s not too far away. So come for the Expo and stay for a few days so then you can check out the State Library of SA, GenealogySA, State Records and more while you visit
- Low cost admission
- Free parking onsite, and bus and tram public transport nearby
- You’ll meet hundreds of other likeminded genea-fanatics
- This will be a one-stop genealogy experience
- I guarantee that you’ll leave inspired and enthused and have so many new ideas on how to tackle your family history
Organised by Unlock the Past, who is well-known for organising genealogy events (including Expos and Cruises), this really is Australia’s biggest genealogy event, not just for 2016, but possibly ever (though don’t hold me to that, but I can’t think of any off hand). With exhibitors and speakers coming from interstate and even some from overseas it will be something that the folks of Australia haven’t seen before, and is an opportunity not to be missed.
We at Gould Genealogy & History will be there (of course), along with our sister companies (Unlock the Past, Unlock the Past cruises, and Genealogy Ebooks).
It will certainly be an amazing event, and we hope to see you there.
Friday 7 October 2016, 10am-5pm
Saturday 8 October 2016, 9am-4pm
Immanuel College, 32 Morphett Road, Novar Gardens, South Australia
$15 for 1 day, $20 for 2 days
children 18 and under free
phone: (08) 8263 2055