Inside History, Australia’s award winning magazine for Australian history and genealogy which has been going for nearly six years, has just released their Winter issue (issue 35).
This bi-monthly magazine brings some BIG news, in that that as of now (issue 35), IHM is changing to quarterly.
For those that are already subscribers, they say “subscriptions will be automatically converted to the new format, meaning subscribers will still receive the same number of issues as before, except that their subscription will last longer.”
So while it’s disappointing that there will be less issues per year, IHM said that it will allow them to “take on more projects, particularly in the digital sphere”. So keep an eye out for more big things from them in the future.
Anyway the latest issue has arrived,and here’s a rundown of what you’ll find in it.
In the Winter issue (issue 35):
- Must-read tips on how to date photographs like an expert
- Your essential guide to the Western Front Battlefields
- Learn how to write your convict’s life story
- Read about the colonial life of Samuel Thomas Gill
- And the rare diary that’s revealing what Melbourne society was like in in 1860s
And there’s much more – in fact, 76 pages of terrific features, practical information on family tree research, chances to network with other genealogists, competitions and product reviews.
Regular features of the magazine include:
– Postie’s here! (your thoughts, your say)
– Cup of tea with … (IHM have a chat to … )
– Bob’s Your Uncle: (Network with other descendants and researchers)
– Ask our experts (learn from the experts)
– Way back when … (Historical events and happenings)
– What’s on (Events on around the country)
– What we’re reading (The latest and greatest to hit the shops)
– One picture … 1000 memories (The story behind the image)
If you’re in Australia or New Zealand and you’d like an actual printed copy of the magazine, be sure check your local newsagent, or you can buy or subscribe to the magazine by going to the Inside History website.
Aus $9.95 per issue
Aus $35.00 12 month subscription (4 issues)
Aus $50.00 18 month subscription (6 issues)
For those who are into ebooks, you can also get Inside History magazine as a digital download available from the iTunes and Android Play stores.
‘Inside History’ is for people passionate about Australian and New Zealand history and heritage, whether it’s their family’s ancestry, or in a broader social context.