Cancel all of your plans this weekend, and get ready for a full-on genealogy-fest as Findmypast have just announced that they are giving you FREE access to ALL of their records, all this weekend (18-21 September 2015). That’s over 4 billion records that you can search for free.
Findmypast has announced that this weekend, they will be opening up their archives and giving unlimited free access to billions of records and newspaper pages from all over the world. From 9pm on Friday, September 18th to 9pm on Monday, September 21st (AEST), absolutely everyone will have access to Findmypast’s comprehensive collections of historical records and innovative research tools, including:
- Millions of records you won’t find anywhere else, including fascinating WW2 Prisoner of War records, millions of England & Wales Crime records and the incredible British in India collection.
- Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century
- The largest online collection of UK parish records, dating back to 1538
- Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 11 million British newspaper dating all the way back to 1710
- The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- An easy to use online family tree builder, which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
… As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history, and bring their past to life.
Extended access for existing users
It’s not only new users who’ll enjoy special family history research opportunities this weekend. Those with current Findmypast Local subscriptions (with an active Britain, Ireland, US & Canada or Australia & New Zealand subscription) will be able to access Findmypast’s historical World records during the free access weekend, and those with active World subscriptions will have an additional three days added to their subscription.
Terms & conditions
Free access lasts from 09:00 pm midday (AEST) on Friday 18th September 2015 until 08:59am (AEST) on Monday 21st March 2015. To access the records you will need to be signed in at Findmypast: you can register for free using your name, email address and country of residence. The free access excludes the UK Electoral Registers (2002-2013) and the UK Companies House Directors (2002-2013) record sets. Free access is subject to our fair usage policy: each account may view up to a maximum of 1,000 records per day.
Find out more at Findmypast’s dedicated Free Weekend page.