If you are wanting to expand your genealogy knowledge, and to do it from home – there’s another option available to you now, and that is Ancestry Academy.
Ancestry Academy is an educational website that offers exclusive, high-quality video courses taught by genealogy and family history experts. The courses that Ancestry Academy offer cover a wide range of relevant family history topics and offer something for genealogists of all levels – and you can learn at your own pace.
Having launched only a few weeks ago, they already have 14 courses up, with 4 of those being free, with another 8 listed as coming soon.
Learn at your own pace
Ancestry Academy’s in-depth courses are broken into a series of short lessons that let you learn when you want and how you want. Watch a course all the way through or pick and choose the lessons most interesting to you.
Test your know-how
Try out your skills and take optional tests to make sure you’re getting the most out of every course.
Learn on-the-go (coming soon!)
Learn at home or on-the-go with the free Ancestry Academy app, available for iOS and Android devices an a couple of months.
New courses added monthly
Continue strengthening your family history expertise with new courses added every month.
Some courses are offered for free. Simply log in with your Ancestry account or create a new account to start learning.
You can get unlimited access to all Ancestry Academy courses for just US$11.99/month, or US$99.99/year, or as part of your Ancestry World Explorer Plus subscription.
And much more
Ancestry Academy courses are loaded with other helpful tools like closed captions, digital handouts, course placeholders, and more.
Here’s a list of the courses that are currently available:
– Finding Your Military Veterans on Fold3 Free
– DNA 101: An Insider’s Scoop on AncestryDNA Testing
– Getting the Most Out of Family Tree Maker
– Digging for Answers with Find A Grave
– Who is That Tick Mark? Using Early Census Records
– Exploring Pension Application Files
– Brother vs. Brother: Exploring Civil War Ancestors
– Finding Ethnic Origins and Passenger Arrival Records
METHODOLOGY & SKILLS
– Public Libraries: Mining Untapped Genealogy Resources
– Street Smarts: Finding Your Ancestor in the Big City
– Cousin Bait: Make Social Media Work for You
– Your Family History Online: Laying the Foundation
LOCALITIES & ETHNIC RESEARCH
– The Buckeye State: Researching Your Ohio Ancestors
– Native American Ancestry? Steps to Learn More
Start learning now …