This coming weekend is a long weekend for a some Australian states (ACT, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria), and Findmypast are giving all of us FREE ACCESS all weekend (Friday to Monday) for ALL their historical records. All TWO BILLION of them!!
The press release states the following …
“Findmypast has announced that this weekend, they will be opening up their archives and giving unlimited free access to billions of records and newspaper pages from all over the world. That means that between midday on Friday, March 6th and midday on Monday, March 9th (GMT), absolutely everyone will have access to their comprehensive collections of historical records and innovative research tools, including:
- Over 900 million census records from across the UK, USA and Ireland
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA
- Birth, marriage and death records dating back to the 18th century, and the largest online collection of UK parish records
- The most comprehensive collection of UK military records anywhere online
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online
- Historical newspapers from across the world, including more than 10 million British newspaper pages from as long ago as 1710
- An easy to use online family tree builder which allows you to import and export your tree if you’ve built it elsewhere
- Our automatic Hints feature, which automatically searches our records for you and suggests potential matches to the people you add to your family tree
As well as millions of other records that will give everyone the opportunity to explore their family history and bring their past to life.”
FOR EXISITING SUBSCRIBERS
It’s not only new users who will be able to take their family history research further this weekend. Those with current Findmypast subscriptions (with an active Britain, Ireland, US & Canada or Australia & New Zealand subscription) will be able to access Findmypast’s historical World records during the free access weekend, and those with active World subscriptions will have an additional three days added on to their subscription.
THE TERMS ETC.
Free access lasts from 12:00pm midday (GMT) on Friday 6th March 2015 until 11:59am (GMT) on Monday 9th March 2015. To access the records you will need to be signed in at Findmypast: you can register for free using your name, email address and country of residence.
Find out more at Findmypast’s dedicated Free Weekend page.
I thought this weekend was supposed to be free, I am unable to view any records, and have used up the credit I had bought
Edna, FMP are offering all of their records FREE for this weekend “from 12:00pm midday (GMT) Ëngland-time on Friday 6th March 2015”. So if you’re in Australia you’ve got another few hours until the free records start.