With many changes among the Top 100, including those in the Top 10, there are a number of new players making it into the list for the first time.
This list is purely based on Alexa rankings, so you know that it is comprehensive and without bias.
The following is taken from the GenealogyInTime Press Resease …
This year represents our fourth annual survey on the state of genealogy. We look at the following:
– Information and links to the Top 100 most popular genealogy websites from around the world.
– A discussion on the largest ancestral websites and what they have to offer.
– Pointers toward the most popular free genealogy websites to help you find your ancestors.
– A list of rising genealogy stars that are worth checking out. These are websites that have seen the largest increase in popularity over the past year.
– A discussion on the big three firms in genealogy and what they do.
– Estimates as to how much genealogy has grown over the past year.
To be on this list is an honour, and back in 2014 we made the list for the first time, and I am proud to say that Gould Genealogy made it on this list again … actually TWICE. Yes really, twice.
Last year we ranked #87, and we held our ground, and occupy this spot again this year, which is what you’ll see on the list.
But as our blog website was listed with our main website, I queried with the team at GenealogyInTime asking which one was actually ranked … and it turns out that BOTH were meant to be. So they’ve added the following note to the end of their article:
Addendum: Somehow our database merged information from the two different Gould Genealogy websites. The Gould Genealogy that you see in the Top 100 List at #87 is their free blog (www.gouldgenealogy.com). They also have another website (www.gould.com.au) that provides services. It would have ranked #68 on the list.
So to all the readers of our blog, and to our customers who browse and buy on our website, thankyou for visiting our sites. It is all of you who helped get us into this prestigious list.
You can find the full list of the Top 100 Genealogy Websites here.