July had arrived and so has the latest issue of Inside History Magazine. When looking at the cover for this July-August issue there are three things that grab me: the first being the image itself, it is simply stunning! The second is the heading “50 blogs you need to read” and the third is “Eureka Moments!” Intrigued? You should be.
Just in case you haven’t yet discovered ‘Inside History Magazine’ yet, this is THE perfect reading material for everyone who is passionate about Australian and New Zealand genealogy, history and heritage.
With each issue of the magazine highlighting a theme (this one being ‘Eureka moments’) there’s always a fabulous collection of articles based around that topic, in this collection of ‘great genealogy discoveries’ you can read about:
– how land title records in Queensland led to the discovery of 300 family photographs
– a case of false identity that will have you looking at 19th-century passenger lists in a new light
– Dr Brendan Nelson chats about his new role as Director of the Australian War Memorial, and how his own ancestors fit into Australia’s military history
– how transcribing an old letter led one reader to solve an adoption mystery from the 1930s
– experts helping to date and identify photographs from the 1880s to World War I
– their top 50 genealogy blogs for 2013
– the anniversary of HMAS Australia, our first Navy flagship
– the genealogy cruising article asks several of the main speakers on Unlock the Past’s upcoming 4th Cruise about it
– families in British India and the resources available to find out more
Regular features of the magazine include:
– Postie’s here! (your thoughts, your say)
– Bob’s Your Uncle (network with other researchers)
– Platform (we chat with Dr Brendan Nelson, director of the Australian War Memorial
– Latest News from the history and genie world
– Ask Our Experts
– History Now (the best events across Australia and New Zealand)
– History apps (4 more apps are reviewed)
– Guest Society (Royal Historical Society of Victoria)
– What we’re reading (the latest and greatest to hit the shelves)
– One picture … 1000 memories (The story behind the image)
All of this packed into into one magazine guarantees you a great read.
You can buy the printed copies of the magazine from Inside History directly, and a number of societies and newsagents around Australia stock it as well (Click here to see a list of stockists). For a sneak peek at Issue 17, you can check it out here for free.
AVAILABLE AS A PRINTED MAGAZINE AND ALSO AS A DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR iPAD OR ANDROID DEVICE
Copies of the current issue (and back issues) can be bought from the Inside History website. Or you can subscribe to the magazine
AUD$10.50 / NZ$15.00 per issue
AUD$31.50 / NZ $45.00 6 mth subscription (3 issues)
AUD$63.00 /NZ $90.00 12 mth subscription (6 issues)
iPad edition (available from the iTunes Store)
Android & Desktop edition (available from Zinio)