In case you haven’t seen any issues of this fabulous mag yet, trust me this magazine is perfect reading material anyone who is passionate about Australian and New Zealand genealogy, history and heritage.
And if you wanted to to check it out before buying … sure, no problem, Inside History give you a sneak peek of it.
In this September-October edition (issue 12) you’ll find:
– A spotlight FamilySearch marriage records, and how to find “the one” you’re after
– Learn what our convict ancestors got up to, all in the name of love
– Who is the beautiful bride on the cover, you ask? And discover why her veil is a treasured heirloom
– Jill Dupleix shares her favourite family recipes and the stories behind them
– Digital history guide: test the free online tools that could transform your research
– The Trove team answer your family history research questions
– Read about the brave Anzacs who served in Papua New Guinea in WWII
And much more – in fact, 74 pages of terrific features, practical information on genealogy, chances to network with other family historians, and book and app reviews and giveaways.
Regular features of the magazine include:
– Postie’s here! (your thoughts, your say)
– Bob’s Your Uncle (Network with other researchers)
– Platform (The latest news and happenings from the history and genealogy world)
– History now (Events on around Australia and New Zealand)
– Guest Society (Ryde Historical Society)
– How to write a non-boring family history (in part 5 of 6. Hazel Edwards looks at writing history for children)
– What we’re reading (the latest and greatest to hit the shelves)
– One picture … 1000 memories (The story behind a family photo)
All of this packed into into one magazine guarantees you a great read. Still not convinced? Inside History even offers you a sneak peek of it.
You can buy the printed copies of the magazine from a number of Societies, newsagents and from Inside History directly, or digital editions for your iPad from iTunes, or PC or Android devices from the Android store.