Good news for people in Victoria … entries for the 13th Victorian Community History Awards are now open.
This is an opportunity for your Society, Group or other community organisation (or yourself as an individual) that is involved in preserving Victoria’s history and heritage, to participate and receive some recognition for your efforts.
These awards are proudly presented by the Royal Historical Society of Victoria and the Public Record Office of Victoria, and the Victorian Community History Awards aims to recognise excellence in historical method.
With numerous categories it acknowledges that history can be told in many varied formats.
The Award categories are:
– Overall Winner – $5,000
– Best Collaborative Community Work – $2,000
– Best Print Publication (Commercial Publication) – $2,000
– Best Print Publication (Self or Community Publication) – $2,000
– Best Exhibit or Multimedia – $2,000
– Best Walk or Tour – $2,000
– Best Community Research, Register and Records – $4,000
– Judges’ Special Prize (if appropriate) – $1,000
You can download the Victorian Community History Awards brochure and application form here. (pdf 337 kb)
Entries close 5.00pm Friday 19 August 2011
and the Awards will be presented on Thursday 20 October 2011