Have you done it? Have you taken a selfie of yourself while you’re at the archives? While you’re sorting through piles of old letters from your great aunt? Or while you’re scanning the big box of photos? Some of you probably have, others may not have … but now we’re giving you fabulous reason to do so.
Kaiser Baas is one of the world’s leading leading innovators of analogue-to-digital converters and personal cameras, and they are an Australian company. They have teamed up with us here at Gould Genelaogy & History again and we’re making April
We know many of you love posting pics of yourself on social media anyway, but now that awesome pic of you outside your local society genie society, or cemetery walking will put you in the running for a Conversion Pack (Video Converter and PhotoMaker X4 slide/negative scanner) from Kaiser Baas.
To be in the running, simply post a selfie pic of you with something genealogy related. You can put it on our Facebook page, on our Google+ page, or send it to us via Twitter. And please remember to use the hashtag #genealogyselfie.
Feel free to spread the word, we’d love to see how far and wide this will go. We’ll be compiling all the photos together, and Kaiser Baas will be choosing their fav. So be creative and get snapping.
And if you’re after some inspiration, have a look at the #ArchiveShelfie pics that people came up with recently.
– you can enter an many times as you like
– you must follow us on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter
– entries must use the hashtag #genealogyselfie
– tell us where your photo was taken
– this competition is open to anyone, anywhere around the world
– the competition closes on 30 April 2014
– the draw will take place by Kaiser Baas early May
– the winner will be announced via social media afterwards
– the organisers will use their right to remove a photograph if it is deemed inappropriate