Summer in Australia is the time for sports, which includes cricket. So it is highly appropriate that Inside History Magazine have featured Don Bradman, a true Australian cricketing legend on the cover of their latest magazine.
As part of their sports theme for this issue, you’ll explore Melbourne’s tennis heritage. Renowned genealogist Shauna Hicks, will teach you how to find your ancestor in sport club archives. You’ll find out about the upcoming New South Wales football history resource, and readers are taken on a tour of Sir Don Bradman’s boyhood home, by the heritage architect who led its reconstruction.
Also packed into the 74 pages you’ll find:
- Holiday reading special: true crime, shipwrecks, historical thrillers, and more!
- The trial of the 20th century: author Mark Tedeschi AM QC’s insights into the gripping story of Eugenia Falleni, aka Henry Crawford
- A WW1 tale of two Melbourne brothers in Pozières
- A historic journey aboard the Ghan, revealing the heritage highlights of Darwin and the Red Centre
- Learn more about the Darwin evacuation of 1941-42
- Shauna Hicks’s tips for a family history mystery of two ancestors with the same name
- A research guide to 1920s fashion beyond the Gatsby-esque stereotypes
- Dr Leigh Straw’s research on the early 20th-century Western Australian women behind the mug shots
- New primary source databases from Queensland and South Australia
- The mystery of the 17 Dargo brides and the beautiful headpiece that linked them
- Stratford and District Historical Society spotlight – you’ll be amazed by their quirky Pan Register!
- 3 World Heritage memberships to Ancestry.com.au up for grabs in the Inside History Magazine subscription offer
Plus there’s much more, including opportunities to network with other genealogists, book reviews and app reviews!
You can buy the printed copies of the magazine from Inside History directly, and a number of societies and newsagents around Australia stock it as well (Click here to see a list of stockists). For a sneak peek of past issues (and this one will have a sample up soon) check out Issuu.
AVAILABLE AS A PRINTED MAGAZINE AND ALSO AS A DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR iPAD OR ANDROID DEVICE
Copies of the current issue (and back issues) can be bought from the Inside History website. Or you can subscribe to the magazine
AUD$9.95 / NZ$10.95 per issue
AUD$31.50 / NZ $45.00 6 mth subscription (3 issues)
AUD$63.00 /NZ $90.00 12 mth subscription (6 issues)