WHEN: Saturday 30 November 2013
WHERE: Gumeracha Town Hall, adjacent to Federation Park picnic grounds
TIME: 10am to 4pm (provisional)
William Kelly (1804-1888) and his wife, Jane (1819-1893), left the Isle of Man in July 1838 for South Australia, where they arrived on 1 December 1838.
They came soon after to what became Cudlee Creek and were granted Section 6164 (101 acres) from the Sources of the Torrens Special Survey in April 1842. The home William built was named Sulby Glen after Sulby in the Isle of Man.
1938 – A centenary reunion was held at ‘Sulby Glen’, Cudlee Creek in 1938 and a book The William Kelly Clein (with family tree) was published in 1939. A facsimile this book will be available at the 2013 reunion.
1988 – A 150th jubilee reunion was held at Campbelltown in October 1988. The Kelly Family Association was formed to plan this and other follow up Kelly activities. A new book Introducing the Kelly Clein was published for the occasion. A comprehensive family tree Kelly Clein FamilyTree was published in 1990. The three Kelly books are still available – separately or at a special set price. All will be available at the 2013 reunion.
2013 – The 175th reunion
The program for the day has yet to be settled, but will/may include:
- picnic lunch
- display of Kelly memorabilia photos and updated family trees
- sale of various Kelly books – and possibly a multimedia CD/DVD
- opportunity to update the family tree
- the chance to visit nearer Kelly places of interest – Cudlee Creek and One Tree Hill cemeteries at least
- and most of all, another chance to get the Kelly family together again
For more information about the upcoming Reunion or the Kelly family, please contact:
- Alan Phillips – reunion and general queries/suggestions and submission of any photos – firstname.lastname@example.org (08) 8189 1043
- Sharon Norman – reunion inquiries and family tree updates email@example.com