What: Reunion for the Descendants of John and Sarah Warby (nee Bentley)
When: Sunday 24 March 2013, 12pm-4pm
Where: Glenalvon, 8 Lithgow Street, Campbelltown, NSW
Known children of John & Sarah Warby
1. Edward (1800-1804)
2. William (1801-1885) m. Jemima Middleton
3. Elizabeth (1802-1894) m1. James Layton, m2. James Keirnan
4. John (1803-1826)
5. Benjamin (1805-1880) m1. Elizabeth Hunt, m2. Judith Bent
6. Jane (twin) (1806-1876) m. Michael Byrne
7. Sarah (twin) (1806-1895) m1. Alexander MacDonald, m2. Joseph Terry
8. Charles Cable (1810-1876) m. Elizabeth Dean
9. Mary Ann (1812-1904) m. James Graham
10. Robert George (1814-1853) m. Elizabeth Fowler
11. Eliza (1815-1896) m. William Fowler
12. James (1817-1849) m. Mary Ann Brooker
13. Joseph (1818-1899) m. Elizabeth Fowler
14. Richard (1821-in infancy)
There will be a sausage sizzle and tea and coffee, and people living in Sydney might like to bring a slice or something similar to share around. As there are a limited number of chairs so people arriving by car might like to bring a folding chair.
Stella Vernon of the Campbelltown Historical Society will lead the group on a tour of St Peter’s Church, and will then continue on to the grave of John and Sarah Warby. Much angst has been expressed as to the condition of this grave. Descendants of Alexander and Sarah MacDonald might like cross the road to the Presbyterian Cemetery.
To cover costs a fee of $5 for adults and $1 for children will be charged on the day.
Suggested accommodation for those coming from outside Sydney is the Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn, 20 Queen Street, Campbelltown, NSW. Phone (02) 4625 2345. The administration area of this motel was originally John Warby’s barn. Sadly the building that was his stables is no longer a restaurant.
Help will be needed on the day collecting entry fees and giving out name tags.
If you want any further information about the family or the reunion, please contact Michelle Vale
Phone: (02) 9449 2403
Snailmail: 8/8 Shinfield Avenue, St Ives, NSW 2075
The organisers are looking forward to seeing any relatives who can attend on the day. If you are a descendant, but are unable to attend, please get in touch with Michelle as she’d love to hear from you and find out where you fit into the Warby family tree.