In just over 3 months, Australia’s biggest genealogy conference is set to begin. This will be an event like no other. It is being held over 10 days, and will feature numerous guest speakers from all around the world … and it is being held on not only the biggest ship to arrive in Australian shores, but this mega-liner also makes it into the world’s top 10 of BIG ships.
– Are you lost?: Using maps, gazetteers and directires for British Isles research
– Finding your ancestors in Ireland
– Follow your migrating ancestors
– The messages our ancestors left behind
– Scottish kirk session and poor relief records
– Genealogy software: choosing and using
– A genealogist’s toybox : gadgets and tech toys
– The Flip-Pal mobile scanner
– Blogging for beginners
– Scandal and skulduggery in early New South Wales
– Captain Bligh’s other mutiny
– Crack Hardy: from Gallipoli to Flanders to the Somme
– The Master Genealogist
– Behind Bars: convicts and criminals
– Connecting with family lines online
– Digitising and organising your family history
– The Boer War
– Preservation of perish
– Researching New Zealand ancestors at a distance
But rather than just sit in on seminar presentations, you will be able to have one-on-one with experts in the Research help Zone to help you break through your brickwalls.
Where else will you be able to hear and interact with so many leading international and Australian presenters – together with 150 or so others with similar interest – over eight days/nine nights.
So apart from the awesome group of speakers, the amazing presenation list, and meeting with a great bunch of other genealogists, there are still further benefits to book this cruise:
– there are no meals to prepare
– no housekeeping
– get up at whatever time you wish
Choose whatever mix you desire of genealogy, relaxing or all the luxuries and entertainments of one of the biggest cruise ships in the world and the largest ever to operate out of Australia for a season. And it is the perfect event for your non-genealogy spouse or partner to join you.
Our ship Voyager of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) has just arrived in Australia today. It is beginning to get wider notice and no doubt will get a lot more from its maiden ports stops around the country in November. See this article from The Australian.
For a preview of Voyager see it at the following ports in November – Perth 5 Nov, Adelaide 9 Nov, Melbourne 11 Nov, Dunedin 17 Nov, Wellington 19 Nov, Sydney 22-25 Nov, Auckland 38 Nov, Tauranga 30 Nov – and more of these ports again over the following months.
So for a break from work or family, as well as some relaxation and some touristing, and a whole lot of genealogy come and join me and around 150 others on this unforgettable genealogy conference and cruise. Prices are subject to the rate of the day, but currently start under $1500 per person twin share. Click here to find out more.
You can keep up to date with the latest news on the 3rd History & Genealogy Cruise on their Facebook page.