The Public Record Office Victoria administers the funding for the annual Victorian Community History Awards, which recognise the contributions made by Victorians to the preservation of Victoria’s heritage. The awards are presented by the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
These Awards recognise excellence in historical method, and the range of award categories acknowledges that history can be told in a variety of formats with the aim of reaching and enriching all Victorians.
The 2012 award categories are:
- Victorian Community History Award – $5000
- History Publication Award – $2000
- Local History – Small Publication Award – $1500
- Local History Project Award – $2000
- Young Historians Award (15 – 18 years) – $500
- Collaborative Community History Award – $2000
- Multimedia History Award – $2000
- Historical Interpretation Award – $2000
The Awards Ceremony will be held on Tuesday 23 October 2012 in the Great Hall at the National Gallery of Victoria.
Entries close 5pm, Friday 10 August 2012