Title: Australian Soldiers’ Pocket Book
Editor: William Keays
Media: 1 CD (124 pages)
Other Data: 9th ed.
Item Code: AU0053-09
Link to website
The ‘Australian Soldiers’ Pocket Book’ was published in 1943 during the Second World War. This small pocket-sized book could be carried everywhere and provided Australian soldiers with a wide range of useful information about the requirements of war service and many other important details such as:
- The Laws and Customs of War – including Geneva Convention guidelines, notes on spies and insignia of rank
- Things a Soldier should Know – including over 60 points
- Signaling – including flags, morse code, shipboard bell times and time zones
- Decorations Awarded to Australians in the Great War
- Arabic and Japanese words
- First Aid for gas injuries etc
- Australian Historical Events, facts and figures etc
- Conduct Overseas – including expectations of behaviour when representing Australia
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.