There was an announcement a couple of days ago in the Ancestry.com blog that there was an update to Family Tree Maker 2010 imminent … this is now available for download to current Family Tree Maker 2010 users.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Improved Relationship Calculator. Direct-line relationships now take precedence over less direct lines.
- Greater control over hinting. A new option lets you turn tree hints off, so you can get hints from records only. See the new check box in the Options dialog. Also, the program will stop hinting on trees owned by the logged in user, as well as not hinting records that have been downloaded with a tree from Ancestry.com.
- Improved data and formatting in a number of reports.
- Improved support for GEDCOM, PAF and Legacy import.
- Many other small changes throughout the program to help it run more smoothly.
You can read the full details of the announcement including where to download the update from, on the Ancestry.com blog.